After absorbing the six human SOULs and the SOULs of most monsters in the Underground, Flowey transforms into Asriel Dreemurr.
Before the battle begins, Asriel recognizes the protagonist as his adoptive sibling, the first human. He then morphs into an all-powerful being wanting to reset the timeline and start everything over again.
The protagonist's SOUL gains the ability to "refuse" during this fight (the heart cracks but joins back together right afterwards, literally "re-fusing"), and Asriel cannot kill the protagonist. The ACT button also changes to "SAVE" a few turns after Asriel enters his final form.
To defeat Asriel, the protagonist calls to the SOULs of their friends within Asriel. Their friends appear as Lost Souls, and the protagonist wards off their attacks, while reminding them of who they were during their time with the protagonist.
After the protagonist SAVEs all the Lost Souls and Asriel, Asriel's compassion, love, and hope return to him, and he begins crying. He then ends the fight and breaks the barrier.
- 1 Attacks
- 2 Strategy
- 3 Mechanics
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Flavor Text
- 6 Trivia
- Note: All attacks, assuming no armor and LV 1, deal 6 damage.
- Fire Magic: Copied straight from Toriel, Asriel uses this attack exclusively during the first phase, before "the true final battle" begins. Asriel most likely uses this as a means of taunting the protagonist by testing how easily they can be killed. This phase can be skipped by simply waiting it out: it is time-based, and ends when the beat drops.
- Star Blazing: Large, star-shaped projectiles rain down from the top-right corner of the screen in rapid succession, each one detonating into expanding rings of smaller projectiles just above the Bullet Board followed by one final, larger star that detonates directly above with a much denser ring. The upgraded version, "Galacta Blazing", is virtually the same except the small stars spin counterclockwise.
- Shocker Breaker: Asriel strikes the battlefield with bolts of lightning seven times, which are forewarned by [!] boxes. The base attack simply strikes in an alternating striped pattern, first small (four times), then large (three times). The upgraded version, "Shocker Breaker II", adds a series of targeted strikes after three small lightning bolts, and finishes by sweeping the battlefield left to right with big lightning bolts.
- Chaos Saber: Asriel hovers directly above the protagonist and swipes the bullet board five times with summoned blades, finishing by swiping both sides, leaving slow-moving residual sparks picking up velocity and flying across the board. The upgraded version, "Chaos Slicer", is considerably more dangerous as he picks up more speed and swipes the board six times.
- Chaos Buster: Asriel summons a blaster and fires nine waves of bullets telegraphed by flashing lines, and finishes with a charged beam. The attack shoots in a pattern, which starts at three lines to four lines, vice versa. Dodge by moving when he fires three lines or the beam and remain still when he shoots four lines. The upgraded version, "Chaos Blaster", removes any patterns and fires randomly, and the charged laser creates a massive starburst that covers the Bullet Board.
- Hyper Goner: Asriel's final attack before he begins fighting at full power. The Bullet Board covers the entire screen before a large creature resembling a combination of the DT Extraction Machine and Sans's signature "Gaster Blaster" attack is summoned. It then proceeds to laugh evilly, and then creates a powerful vortex that attempts to draw the protagonist's SOUL into the creature's mouth along with a series of diamond-shaped objects that deal damage on contact. If the protagonist is hit during this attack, their HP drops to 1 regardless of their equipped items, and all succeeding attacks do no damage. The attack can be avoided, though it is difficult to do so. After this, Asriel starts using his full power, initiating the final phase of the fight.
- Angel of Death: Asriel using his full power. However, his only attack in this form is a barrage of energy-based comet projectiles launched from his fingertips that enter the Bullet Board from the sides and home in on the protagonist's SOUL in massive waves.
After enduring many of his attacks without health depletion, Asriel eventually transforms into his final form. The protagonist is now only limited to ACTing, and all of its options have been replaced with Struggle, which does nothing. After several turns of struggling, the protagonist realizes that they cannot reach their SAVE file and perhaps saving the game is impossible, but with the remainder of their power, they can save something else.
The ACT button then turns into SAVE, and the protagonist must set out to save their friends, Undyne, Alphys, Papyrus, Sans, Toriel, and Asgore, who appear as Lost Souls with Papyrus and Sans as well as Toriel and Asgore being fought together. Individual Lost Souls are saved after three turns of ACTing while Toriel and Asgore's Lost Souls are saved after four; Papyrus and Sans's Lost Souls are unique in that if the third ACT is used on Sans's Lost Soul, they are saved but if the third ACT is used on Papyrus's Lost Soul, one more ACT is required. It does not matter which ACT options are used. At the same time, each Lost Soul uses their respective attacks and SOUL Modes, save for Alphys (since she is never fought) who uses Mettaton EX’s attacks. Saving a character fully heals the protagonist, as well as trying to save one that has already been. Just like Asriel, trying to FIGHT the Lost Souls results in a MISS. FIGHTing Asriel in this form results in a MISS and he attacks with the angel of death attack.
After saving all six, the SAVE option has "Someone else": implied to be Asriel. After selecting the name, the protagonist sees a slideshow of Asriel finding the first human, ending in a photograph of the first human, Toriel, Asgore, and Asriel. Trying to refuse the protagonist's advances, Asriel first launches a massive rapid-fire wave of energy bullets, but his second wave shoots fewer and less damaging bullets (which cannot hit the protagonist if they stay in the center). His attacks then turn into basic fire magic that deliberately avoids the protagonist's soul, much like Toriel's. He eventually launches an unavoidable beam that forces the other three options out of the screen, but the protagonist still survives (whether this is due to their immense determination or simply Asriel being unable to bring himself to kill them at this point is unclear) with the following amounts of HP:
After this attack, Asriel loses the will to fight entirely, with the rest of the battle consisting entirely of dialogue between the protagonist and Asriel as his form fades, leaving only his head. During this phase, any option in the menu progresses the dialogue.
During the first phase, the protagonist is given two options in ACT:
- Hope: Heals 1 HP, and reduces damage taken by 1 for the next turn.
- Dream: Heals 4 HP, and fills the inventory with Last Dreams, which heals 17 HP when consumed.
It is impossible to damage Asriel; any attempt to FIGHT results in a MISS. Asriel cannot be spared using the MERCY option. It is also impossible to receive a game over in this fight; if the protagonist's HP reaches 0, their soul splits in half before repairing itself. The first time this occurs, text appears reading "But it refused." The protagonist then receives full health and returns to the battle. After surviving three consecutive rounds, the dialogue resumes to advance the stages of the fight.
- Asgore: Human.... It was nice to meet you. Goodbye.
(Fireball hits Asgore. Toriel enters.)
- Toriel: What a miserable creature, torturing such a poor, innocent youth... Do not be afraid, my child. It is I, TORIEL, your friend and guardian. At first, I thought I would let you make your journey alone... But I could not stop worrying about you. Your adventure must have been so treacherous. ... and ultimately, it would burden you with a horrible choice. To leave this place, you would have to take the life of another person. You would have to defeat ASGORE. However... I realized... I cannot allow that. It is not right to sacrifice someone simply to let someone leave here. Is that not what I have been trying to prevent this whole time? So, for now, let us suspend this battle. As terrible as ASGORE is... He deserves mercy, too.
- Asgore: Tori... You came back...!
- Toriel: Do not "Tori" me, Dreemurr! You pathetic whelp. If you really wanted to free our kind... You could have gone through the barrier after you got ONE SOUL... ... taken six SOULs from the humans, then come back and freed everyone peacefully. But instead, you made everyone live in despair... Because you would rather wait here, meekly hoping another human never comes.
- Asgore: ... ... Tori... You're right... I am a miserable creature... ... but, do you think we can at least be friends again?
- Toriel: (sigh.) NO, Asgore.
- Undyne: Ngahhhhhh!!! ASGORE! Human!! Nobody fight each other!!! Everyone's gonna make friends, or else I'll...!! I'll... ...
- Toriel: Hello. I am TORIEL. Are you the human's friend? It is nice to meet you.
- Undyne: Uh, yeah...? Nice to meet you! Hey ASGORE, is that your ex? Jeez. That's rough, buddy.
- Alphys: H-hey! Nobody hurt each other!! ... ...
- Toriel: Oh! Are you another friend? I am TORIEL. Hello!
- Alphys: Uh, h-h-hi! ... (THERE'S TWO OF THEM???)
- Papyrus: HEY! NOBODY FIGHT ANYONE! IF ANYONE FIGHTS ANYONE...! THEN I'LL!!! BE FORCED!!! TO ASK UNDYNE FOR HELP!!!
- Toriel: Hello!
- Papyrus: OH! HELLO, YOUR MAJESTY! PSST! HEY, HUMAN... DID ASGORE SHAVE...? AND... CLONE HIMSELF????
- Sans: hey guys... what's up?
- Toriel: That voice...!! Hello. I think we may... Know each other?
- Sans: oh hey... i recognize your voice, too.
- Toriel: I am TORIEL. So nice to meet you.
- Sans: the name's sans. and, uh, same.
- Toriel: Oh! Wait, then...! This must be your brother, Papyrus! Greetings, Papyrus! It is so nice to finally meet you! Your brother has told me so much about you.
- Papyrus: WOWIE... I CAN'T BELIEVE ASGORE'S CLONE KNOWS WHO I AM!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!
- Toriel: Hey, Papyrus... What does a skeleton tile his roof with?
- Papyrus: HMMM... SNOW-PROOF ROOF TILES???
- Toriel: No, silly! A skeleton tiles his roof with... SHIN-gles!!!
- Papyrus: I CHANGED MY MIND!!! THIS IS THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!
- Undyne: Come on, ASGORE! It's gonna be OK! There are plenty of fish in the sea...
- Alphys: Y-yeah, ASGORE!! Undyne's totally right about that fish thing! S-sometimes you've just got to, uh... Stop going after furry boss monsters and, uh... J-just get to know a really cute fish...? ... It's a metaphor.
- Undyne: Well. I think it's a good analogy.
- Mettaton: OH MY GOD! WILL YOU TWO JUST SMOOCH ALREADY!? THE AUDIENCE IS DYING FOR SOME ROMANTIC ACTION!!!
- Undyne: HEY, SHUT UP!!! Man, the nerve of that guy! Right, Alphys!?? ... Uh, Alphys?
- Alphys: ... No. He's right. LET'S DO IT.
- Undyne: ?????????????? Well??? Uh??? I guess??? If you want to??? Then???? Don't hold anything back!!!
(Alphys and Undyne proceed to kiss, but Toriel intervenes)
- Toriel: W-wait! Not in front of the human!
- Alphys: Uhh, right! S-sorry, I got a little carried away there.
- Toriel: Hee hee hee. My child, it seems as if you must stay here for a while. But looking at all the great friends you have made... I think... I think you will be happy here.
- Alphys: H-hey, that reminds me. Papyrus... YOU called everyone here, right? Well, besides, uh, her. Uh, anyway... If I got here before you... How did you know how to call everybody?
- Papyrus: LET'S JUST SAY... A TINY FLOWER HELPED ME.
- Alphys: A tiny... flower?
(Flowey attacks the cast and entangles them)
- Flowey: You IDIOTS. While you guys were having your little pow-wow... I took the human SOULS! And now, not only are THOSE under my power... But all of your FRIENDS' SOULS are gonna be mine, too! Hee hee hee. And you know what the best part is? It's all your fault. It's all because you MADE THEM love you. All the time you spent listening to them... Encouraging them... Caring about them... Without that, they wouldn't have come here. And now, with their souls and the humans' together... I will achieve my REAL FORM. Hee hee... Huh? WHY am I still doing this? Don't you get it? This is all just a GAME. If you leave the underground satisfied, you'll "win" the game. If you "win," you won't want to "play" with me anymore. And what would I do then? But this game between us will NEVER end. I'll hold victory in front of you, just within your reach... And then tear it away just before you grasp it. Over, and over, and over... Hee hee hee. Listen. If you DO defeat me, I'll give you your "happy ending." I'll bring your friends back. I'll destroy the barrier. Everyone will finally be satisfied. But that WON'T happen. You...! I'll keep you here no matter what!
(Surrounds the protagonist's SOUL with friendliness pellets)
- Flowey: Even if it means killing you 1,000,000 times!!!
(Attacks the protagonist repeatedly until Toriel intervenes)
- Flowey: What?
- Toriel: Do not be afraid my child... No matter what happens... We will always be there to protect you!
(Flowey attacks again, but Papyrus and Undyne intervene)
- Papyrus: THAT'S RIGHT, HUMAN! YOU CAN WIN!! JUST DO WHAT I, WOULD DO... BELIEVE IN YOU!!!
- Undyne: Hey! Human! If you got past ME, you can do ANYTHING! So don't worry! We're with you all the way!
- Sans: huh? you haven't beaten this guy yet? come on, this weirdo's got nothin' on you.
(Flowey attacks again, but Alphys and Asgore intervene)
- Alphys: Technically, it's impossible for you to beat him... B-but... Somehow, I know you can do it!!
- Asgore: Human, for the future of humans and monsters...! You have to stay determined...!
(Snowdrake, Shyren, Vulkin, Monster Kid, RG 01, Muffet, Greater Dog, and Froggit enter and recover the protagonist's lost HP)
- Shyren: La la la la!
- Vulkin: We're with you too!
- Monster Kid: C'mon, you got this!
- Muffet: You've GOT to win!
- RG 01: You can do it!
- Froggit: Ribbit.
- Flowey: Urrrgh... NO! Unbelievable!! This can't be happening! You... You...!
- Flowey: I can't believe you're all so STUPID.
(Flowey absorbs the monsters' SOULs and whites out the screen.)
- Flowey: ALL OF YOUR SOULS ARE MINE!!!
(Scene with a transformed Flowey)
- Finally. I was so tired of being a flower.
- Howdy! <Name>, are you there? It's me, your best friend.
- ASRIEL DREEMURR
- You know... I don't care about destroying this world anymore. (After Star Blazing – Before Shocker Breaker)
- After I defeat you and gain total control over the timeline... I just want to reset everything. (Before Chaos Saber)
- All your progress... Everyone's memories. I'll bring them all back to zero! (Before Shocker Breaker)
- Then we can do everything ALL over again. (Before Star Blazing)
- And you know what the best part of all this is? You'll DO it. (Before Chaos Buster)
- And then you'll lose to me again. (Before Chaos Saber)
- And again. (Before Chaos Buster)
- And again!!! (Before Shocker Breaker II)
- Because you want a "happy ending." (Before Galacta Blazing)
- Because you "love your friends." (Before Chaos Slicer)
- Because you "never give up." (Before Chaos Blaster)
- Isn't that delicious? Your "determination." The power that let you get this far... It's gonna be your downfall! (Before Shocker Breaker II)
- Now, ENOUGH messing around! It's time to purge this timeline once and for all! (Before Hyper Goner)
- ... even after that attack, you're still standing in my way...? Wow... you really ARE something special. But don't get cocky. Up until now, I've only been using a fraction of my REAL power! Let's see what good your DETERMINATION is against THIS!! (After Hyper Goner – Before Angel of Death)
(Angel of Death)
- Urah ha ha... Behold my TRUE power!
- I can feel it... Every time you die, your grip on this world slips away. Every time you die, your friends forget you a little more. Your life will end here, in a world where no one remembers you...
- Still you're hanging on...? That's fine. In a few moments, you'll forget everything, too. That attitude will serve you well in your next life!
- Ura ha ha... Still!? Come on... Show me what good your DETERMINATION is now! (The protagonist now saves their friends.)
- Huh? What are you doing...? (When saving someone else)
- Wh... what did you do...?
- What's this feeling...? What's happening to me?
- No! NO! I don't need ANYONE!
- STOP IT! Get away from me! Do you hear me!? I'll tear you apart!
- ... ... <Name>... Do you know why I'm doing this...? (Before faltering with fire magic)
- Why I keep fighting to keep you around...?
- I'm doing this...
- Because you're special, <Name>.
- You're the only one that understands me.
- You're the only one who's any fun to play with anymore.
- ... No... That's not JUST it. I... I... I'm doing this because I care about you, <Name>!
- I care about you more than anybody else!
- I'm not ready for this to end. I'm not ready for you to leave.
- I'm not ready to say goodbye to someone like you again...
- So, please... STOP doing this...
- AND JUST LET ME WIN!!! (Before Hyper beam (unofficial name))
- STOP IT!
- STOP IT NOW!!!
- ... <Name>...
- I'm so alone, <Name>...
- I'm so afraid, <Name>...
- <Name>, I...
- I'm so sorry.
- I always was a crybaby, wasn't I, <Name>
- ... I know.
- You're not actually <Name>, are you?
- <Name>'s been gone for a long time.
- Um... what...
- What IS your name?
- A nice name.
- I haven't felt like this for a very long time.
- As a flower, I was soulless.
- I lacked the power to love other people.
- However, with everyone's souls inside me...
- I not only have my own compassion back...
- But I can feel every other monster's as well.
- They all care about each other so much.
- And... they care about you too, Frisk.
- I wish I could tell you how everyone feels about you.
- Papyrus... Sans... Undyne... Alphys...
- ... Toriel.
- Monsters are weird.
- Even though they barely know you...
- It feels like they all really love you.
- Frisk... I... I understand if you can't forgive me.
- I understand if you hate me.
- I acted so strange and horrible.
- I hurt you.
- I hurt so many people.
- Friends, family, bystanders...
- There's no excuse for what I've done.
- (If not forgiven)
- ... right.
- I understand.
- I just hope that...
- I can make up for it a little right now.
- (If forgiven)
- ... Frisk, come on.
- You're gonna make me cry again.
- ... besides, even if you do forgive me...
- Post-battle (2)
- I can't keep these souls inside of me.
- The least I can do is return them.
- But first...
- There's something I have to do.
- Right now, I can feel everyone's hearts beating as one.
- They're all burning with the same desire.
- With everyone's power...
- With everyone's determination...
- It's time for monsters...
- To finally go free.
- (Final Power plays as Asriel uses the SOULs to destroy the barrier)
- I have to go now.
- Without the power of everyone's souls...
- I can't keep maintaining this form.
- In a little while...
- I'll turn back into a flower.
- I'll stop being "myself."
- I'll stop being able to feel love again.
- So... Frisk.
- It's best if you just forget about me, OK?
- Just go be with the people who love you.
- (If Frisk comforts Asriel)
- Ha... ha...
- I don't want to let go...
- Post-Battle (3)
- You're going to do a great job, OK?
- No matter what you do.
- Everyone will be there for you, okay?
- My time is running out.
- By the way...
- ... take care of Mom and Dad for me, OK?
- Legendary being made of every SOUL in the underground. [Check before "True final battle"]
- The Absolute GOD of Hyperdeath! [Check after]
- It's the end. [Neutral before "True final battle"]
- "The true final battle" was finally beginning. [Neutral]
- Asriel charges/calls on/readies "[Attack name]" [Neutral]
- You think about why you're here now... You can feel the empty space in your inventory getting smaller and smaller! [Dream]
- Your items fill up with dreams. [Dream #2+]
- You held on to your hopes... You reduced how much DAMAGE you'll take this turn! [Hope]
- You kept holding on. DAMAGE reduced! [Hope #2+]
- ASRIEL blocks the way! [After transformation]
- The whole world is ending. [Neutral]
- Can't move your body. [Struggle #1-4]
- Can't move your body. Nothing happened. You struggle... Nothing happened. [Struggle #5]
- You tried to reach your SAVE file. Nothing happened. You tried again to reach your SAVE file. Nothing happened. [If the protagonist has a save file]
- SAVING over ASRIEL's file seems like the only way to defeat him... But, having never SAVED before, you lack the power to do it. [If the protagonist does not have a save file]
- Seems SAVING the game really is impossible. ... But... Maybe, with what little power you have... You can SAVE something else. [Struggle #5, follow-up]
- !?!? [After ACT button turns to SAVE button]
- You reached out to ASRIEL's SOUL and called out to your friends. They're in there somewhere, aren't they? ... Within the depths of ASRIEL's SOUL, something's resonating..! [Save]
- Within the depths of ASRIEL's SOUL, something's resonating..! [Save again]
- You feel something faintly/slightly/strongly resonating within ASRIEL. [After Saving]
- You call out to your friends with all your heart. From somewhere, you felt their support... [Saving someone who has already been saved]
- You feel your friends' SOULs resonating within ASRIEL! [After everyone has been saved]
- Strangely, as your friends remembered you... Something else began resonating within the SOUL, stronger and stronger. It seems that there's still one last person that needs to be saved. But who...? ... Suddenly, you realize. You reach out and call their name. [Someone else]
- ... [Someone else]
- If the protagonist is equipped with an item that provides healing such as the Stained Apron or Temmie Armor, they can gain HP after the final attack. The amount of HP listed remains at 0.000000001.
- The attack in Asriel's final form can hit the protagonist's SOUL when in the action menu.
- In the Japanese translation, Hyper Goner is known as Hyper Missing. This is likely a homage to Final Fantasy VI, in which Kefka's ultimate attack was known as "Missing" in Japanese but translated as "Goner" in the SNES translation.
- When "the true final battle" starts and Asriel is still using his fire magic, he ends it immediately.
- Asriel's Star Blazing and Galacta Blazing are probably based off PK Starstorm from the MOTHER/Earthbound series.
What happens if you fight Asriel Dreemurr? ›
It is impossible to damage Asriel; any attempt to FIGHT results in a MISS. Asriel cannot be spared using the MERCY option. It is also impossible to receive a game over in this fight; if the protagonist's HP reaches 0, their soul splits in half before repairing itself.Is it possible to fight Asriel? ›
Asriel Dreemurr is the true final boss of Undertale, coming after you've explored the bonus True Laboratory section. The following boss comes at the end of a complete Pacifist playthrough - in short, going through the entire game without killing anything to unlock a different ending.How do you defeat Asriel Dreemurr? ›
Just keep holding on. You literally cannot die. Just hold out for a while, then he should enter a second phase. When this happens, you should eventually be given the option to save all your friends' souls.Where do you fight Asriel Dreemurr? ›
Asriel can be found at the flowerbed in the Ruins. Frisk only encounters him immediately after his boss fight; if the player watches the True Pacifist Ending Credits and reloads the game, Asriel does not appear.Does Asriel turn evil? ›
After Alphys resurrects him without a SOUL as Flowey, Asriel becomes incapable of feeling love or empathy, which in turn causes him to become resentful, twisted, and evil.How do you beat Asgore peacefully? ›
- Make sure you have your Butterscotch Pie in your inventory for this battle. ...
- King Asgore's attacks are much like Tariel's, but he offers no mercy. ...
- Try to avoid his attacks as much as possible and attack him every turn; eventually he will kneel and the fight will be over.
Frisk can choose to forgive or not forgive Asriel, and comfort or not comfort Asriel. If you don't forgive him, he understands. If you comfort him, you give Asriel a hug. At the very end of the Pacifist ending Frisk and Asriel talk around the flowers where Asriel died and Chara was buried.Who is the final boss of Undertale? ›
Asgore and Flowey are among the final boss fights of Undertale, coming after you've explored The Core.Which is harder Sans or Asriel? ›
Sans is a hard boss but nowhere the most powerful. Asriel is much, MUCH, more powerful than our beloved skeleton because he was litteraly Threatning to purge an entire fricking timeline. This is magnitudes above anything Sans has ever done.How old was Asriel when he died Undertale? ›
Asriel would be around 38 years old, but around 11 when he died. Toriel would be around 198 years old, because she is almost as old as Asgore. Asgore would be around 215 years old, because he was alive before the Underground even existed.
How long does Asriel fight take? ›
Good at dodging? Then it will take 30 minutes at worst. If you suck at dodging then it would take 45 minutes at worst.What are Asriel's powers? ›
Control Over Existence: After absorbing the souls of every monster in the Underground, Asriel gained the ability to manipulate existence itself. He can effortlessly pull down and destroy stars, reset the entire timeline back to a previous point, and swallow and destroy whole universes with just a fraction of his power.Do you fight Asriel in neutral? ›
On the Neutral and True Pacifist Routes, sparing Papyrus, Undyne, Mettaton EX, and Asriel Dreemurr causes the encounters in Snowdin, Waterfall, Hotland, and Ruins, respectively, to stop, whereas during the Genocide Route encounters only stop occurring after killing Mettaton NEO.Are Flowey and Asriel the same person? ›
Flowey is a fictional character and the main antagonist of Undertale, a role-playing video game created by Toby Fox. He appears for most of the game as a side character with a sadistic and psychopathic personality. It is later revealed that he is Asriel Dreemurr, a young monster prince who was killed by humans.Can you spare Asgore? ›
He offers to sacrifice himself so that they may do so. Here, the player can finally choose whether to finish Asgore off or to spare him.Who is the most evil monster in Undertale? ›
Chara, also known as the Fallen Human, is the posthumous overarching antagonist of the 2015 indie RPG game Undertale. They are the adopted child of Toriel and Asgore Dreemurr and the adopted sibling and best friend of their son Asriel.Is Asriel a good guy? ›
Modeled after Satan in Milton's Paradise Lost, Lord Asriel is the gentlemanly devil who plans to overthrow God and establish a Republic of Heaven. In other stories, Asriel would almost certainly be the villain.What God is Asriel? ›
Asriel is one variant spelling of the Hebraic name Azrael, who occurs in the Jewish and Muslim tradition, and is traditionally believed to be the Angel of Death in some sects of Islam, as well as some Hebrew lore. His dæmon is called Stelmaria, a snow leopard.What happens if you eat the butterscotch pie in front of Asgore? ›
Using the Butterscotch Pie during the fight against Asgore lowers his AT and DF. Using the Butterscotch Pie during the Lost Soul fight against Toriel and Asgore helps to return their memories more effectively than ACTing.What happens if I Mercy Asgore? ›
If the protagonist chooses MERCY, Asgore is surprised that the protagonist would sacrifice their freedom for the sake of keeping hope alive in the Underground, and offers to care for the protagonist as his own child.
Can you give mercy to Asgore? ›
After dealing the final blow to Asgore, the protagonist can choose to either "FIGHT" or give him "MERCY"; the "MERCY" button has cracks in it from being shattered previously.Did Asriel absorb Chara's SOUL? ›
In their doomed adventure back to the surface, Asriel absorbed Chara's human SOUL, and proved that even though human souls were stronger than monster's souls, he was able to win the struggle for control with Chara when she wanted to destroy the human village, and retreated back behind the barrier to the garden, where ...Is Asriel infinite? ›
His attack stat is classified as infinite.Does Asriel have horns? ›
This form is named directly in the game, where the "Check" option labels Asriel as "the absolute GOD of Hyperdeath!" His scleras become black, his fangs become longer, and he has a pair of horns.Which Undertale ending is true? ›
The game has two "proper" endings - True Pacifist in which you save both the underworld and humanity, and Genocide in which you ruin everything for everyone - but it also features a wide range of "neutral" endings triggered by killing and Sparing specific characters.Who is the king of Undertale? ›
Asgore Dreemurr is the central antagonist of the 2015 award-winning indie game, Undertale and a supporting character in it's successor, Deltarune. He is the king of the monsters of the Underground, Asriel's father, and Toriel's ex-husband.Who is the hardest pacifist boss? ›
Asgore was the hardest boss in all of the neutral/pacifist route (took me 5 tries), however he does not even compare to the difficulty of undyne the undying.Which Undertale route is the hardest? ›
The genocide route in Undertale can be as difficult as it is emotionally devastating without a bit of knowledge going in.Who is the easiest Undertale enemy? ›
So, let's put a list of the strongest characters.
- Toriel (remember she rkos Asgore)
- Papyrus (Huge-ass bone attacks)
As per Occam's razor, I think we can conclude that Asriel's surname is Belacqua, until such a time that Pullman tells us otherwise, because the link between Lyra, her apparent father Count Belacqua and Lord Asriel is indicative of the name being a shared one; and this is a reasonable conclusion that fits with the ...
How old is Frisk canonically? ›
Frisk is the main five-year-old protagonist of the 2015 indie-game Undertale. After climbing Mount Ebott, they fell into the Underground and now they must make their way out to escape from there.How long before Frisk did Chara fall? ›
 This places the timeframe between the War and Frisk at 800-1200 years. Eight humans fell underground. Seven between the War and Frisk. This places Chara's likely fall somewhere around 1/8th of the way between the War and Frisk, but there IS a little room for deviation.Can Asriel fly? ›
Though exactly how this energy is collected hasn't yet been explained, it doesn't seem to be a painful process, since Lord Asriel and Stelmaria can fly the craft without issue.Can you beat Omega Flowey without getting hit? ›
No, not without acting.Is Frisk left handed? ›
Frisk appears to be left-handed. Evidence includes: Holding the umbrella and glass of water using their left hand. The slicing attack animation curving to the right, implying that force was carried from the left to the right during the attack.What is Asriel's soul called? ›
The Rainbow Soul is a "very special" Human Soul that is owned by Asriel, making him the only monster to own a human soul as their main soul.What type of monster is Asriel? ›
Monster Physiology: Like his parents, Asriel is a Boss Monster. Goat Physiology: Like all Boss Monsters, as with his parents, Asriel takes the appearance of a anthropomorphic Nubian goat.What are Asriel's pronouns? ›
Their own brother, Asriel - their best friend and undoubtedly the person they were closest to - uses only they/them pronouns when speaking of them.Should I do genocide after pacifist? ›
We'd strongly recommend you complete Undertale on Pacifist before taking on a Genocide run as it will have some subtle effects on any future playthroughs you make.What is a soulless pacifist run? ›
For Soulless Pacifist, the only differences are if you choose 'i have places to go' the photo has everyone crossed out and chara replacing frisk. If you choose 'I want to stay with you' Toriel gives you a slice of pie (like in true pacifist) but then frisk turns to face the player and they have Chara's face.
Are there 93 endings in Undertale? ›
But Undertale fans on Reddit broke things down further into a whopping 93 endings, most as slight textual variations based on who you spare and kill in Neutral routes, or factors such as whether the player acquires the Snowman Piece and keeps it to the end or whether the player has already performed a Genocide run ...Who is the true villain of Undertale? ›
Chara. The genocidal maniac of Undertale. Sometimes referred to as the "human Flowey", Chara is commonly seen as an unredeemable, sadistic maniac.What is Flowey final form called? ›
Photoshop Flowey (also known as Omega Flowey by fans) is the powered up version of Flowey after he absorbs the six human SOULs at the end of a Neutral Route. He serves as the final boss of that route if the protagonist has not defeated him before since the last True Reset or Genocide Route.Where did the Flowey laugh come from? ›
This sound effect can be found on Warner Bros. Sound Effects Library, which was made by Sound Ideas. Many people simply call it the "Flowey laugh" due to its use in the indie game Undertale, where this laugh became popular.What happens if Asgore kills you? ›
Nothing changes. You cannot do a pacifist run without Asgore dying. It doesn't matter what you choose. If you kill him, Flowey will take the souls.Is Sans the final boss? ›
Sans is a fictional character created by Toby Fox for the 2015 role-playing video game Undertale. Initially appearing as a friendly NPC, he later becomes the de facto final boss if the player chooses to complete the "genocide route" and go out of their way to destroy the game's race of monsters.Does killing Asgore affect pacifist? ›
Because the pacifist ending requires you to go back in time before fighting Asgore and Flowey, killing or sparing them does not matter.Do you forgive Asriel? ›
Frisk can choose to forgive or not forgive Asriel, and comfort or not comfort Asriel. If you don't forgive him, he understands. If you comfort him, you give Asriel a hug. At the very end of the Pacifist ending Frisk and Asriel talk around the flowers where Asriel died and Chara was buried.How long does the Asriel fight take? ›
Good at dodging? Then it will take 30 minutes at worst. If you suck at dodging then it would take 45 minutes at worst.What happens to Asriel after true pacifist? ›
Asriel still resides in the underground after the pacifist ending, but he says he has to because he's turning back into Flowey. So technically Flowey is still stuck down there. Yes.
What SOUL is Asriel? ›
Asriel's soul, being a combination of all seven human soul traits, is the monster equivalent of a Determination soul. However, due to his monster body, the traits do not blend and merge together to turn red.What is the hardest route in Undertale? ›
The genocide route in Undertale can be as difficult as it is emotionally devastating without a bit of knowledge going in.Which Undertale ending is the true ending? ›
The game has two "proper" endings - True Pacifist in which you save both the underworld and humanity, and Genocide in which you ruin everything for everyone - but it also features a wide range of "neutral" endings triggered by killing and Sparing specific characters.Does Flowey remember being Asriel? ›
He can recall the memories/ feelings of Asriel and even mimics his speech patterns while he has also been stated to have been using the power of DETERMINATION that Chara had, that is until the protagonist arrives and overrides Flowey's DETERMINATION with their own.Is true pacifist the true ending? ›
The True Pacifist Route is one of the endings of Undertale. This can be considered the "true ending", as it leads to a happy conclusion and the complete credits.